Governor Earl Ray Tomblin will hold a press conference at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, July 12, 2011 in the Governor's Reception Room to discuss Marcellus Shale regulation. He will be joined by Legislators and leaders from the natural gas industry.
The governor's press conference will come just a few hours before the first meeting of the W.Va. Legislature's special Marcellus legislative study group. That meeting is set for July 12 at 6 p.m. in Charleston. The meeting will be held at the State Capitol in the Senate Judiciary Committee Room. The study group includes 10 legislators -- five from each house of the Legislature. The July meeting agenda will include the following presentations:
• Horizontal Drilling & Hydraulic Fracturing Technology, Sam Ameri, Professor & Chair, Petroleum & Natural Gas Engineering Department, WVU
• Environmental Issues - Don Garvin, W.Va. Environmental Council
• Potential Impact on State Economy - Department of Commerce Representative
• Projected Impact on State and Local Tax Revenues, Mark Muchow, W.Va. Deputy Tax Commissioner
• Morgantown Marcellus Ordinance - Ron Bane, Deputy Mayor & Council Member; Bill Byrne, Council Member
• Surface Owner Issues - Dave McMahon, W.Va. Surface Owners’ Rights Organization
LGCR Government Solutions will monitor the press conference and the legislative study group’s meetings.